The Library Campaign is a registered charity (No. 1102634) funded entirely from donations, membership subscriptions and affiliations.
Our Aims and Objectives
To advance the lifelong education of the public by the promotion, support, assistance and improvement of libraries through the activities of friends and user groups.
In seeking to achieve these objectives The Library Campaign will:
- Stimulate the establishment of local Friends and User groups by the provision of information and publicity materials.
- Facilitate the exchange of information between Friends and User groups and represent their views nationally.
- Disseminate information on local initiatives through The Library Campaigner, regional conferences and other means.
- Campaign whilst remaining independent of all political parties.
- Affirm that publicly funded libraries and information services continue to play a key role in lifelong learning.
The Executive Committee
The Executive Committee (EC) meets every 2 months and decides policy for the organisation. The EC, whose members are elected annually at the AGM, are the legal trustees of the Campaign.
Elected members – 2015/2016
- Andrew Coburn -Treasurer and Membership Co-ordinator
- Geoffrey Dron
- Bob Goodrick
- Laura Swaffield - Chair and The Campaigner magazine editor
Email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following organisations send representatives to attend steering group meetings:
- Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP)
Executive Committee meetings
Any member of The Campaign may attend Executive Committee meetings. They are often held in central London, starting at either 11am or 2pm. The committee will also hold meetings in different parts of the country from time to time. If you wish to receive agendas for meetings please contact us.
No meetings are currently scheduled for 2018 but dates will be announced here in due course
Email Campaign email or call 0845 450 5946 for details of meeting venue and to receive the agenda.
Follow us on social media