The Library Campaign is a registered charity (No. 1102634) funded entirely from donations, membership subscriptions and affiliations.
Our Aims and Objectives
To advance the lifelong education of the public by the promotion, support, assistance and improvement of libraries through the activities of friends and user groups.
In seeking to achieve these objectives The Library Campaign will:
- Stimulate the establishment of local Friends and User groups by the provision of information and publicity materials.
- Facilitate the exchange of information between Friends and User groups and represent their views nationally.
- Disseminate information on local initiatives through The Library Campaigner, regional conferences and other means.
- Campaign politically whilst remaining independent of all political parties.
- Affirm that publicly funded libraries and information services continue to play a key role in lifelong learning.
The Executive Committee
The Executive Committee (EC) meets every 2 months and decides policy for the organisation. The EC, whose members are elected annually at the AGM, are the legal trustees of the Campaign.
Elected members – 2012/2013
- Elizabeth Ash -Secretary- 39 Mayfield Road, Sanderstead, South Croydon CR2 0BG Tel: 020 8657 3535
- Fred Barnfield 8 Rachael Gardens, Wednesbury, West Mids. WS10 ORW Tel: 0121 502 5903
- Judith Deschamps - 35 Medusa Road, London SE6 4JW tel: 020 86905016
- Kathleen Frenchman - 7 Barnsbury Square, London, N1 1JL. tel: 020 76072665
- Laura Swaffield - (Chair and Campaigner magazine Editor). Tel: 020 72550586
- Alan Templeton
- Martin Wright - Treasurer
- Elizabeth Ash is now managing the membership database. Email queries to email@example.com
The following organisations send representatives to attend steering group meetings:
- Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP)
- University and College Union
- University of the Third Age
Executive Committee meetings
Any member of The Campaign may attend Executive Committee meetings. They are usually held in central London, starting at 2pm and ending at about 4.30pm. If you wish to receive agendas for meetings please contact the Secretary.
Please contact the Secretary via Campaign email or call 020 8651 9552 for details of meeting venue and to receive the agenda.
Follow us on social media