The Library Campaign is a registered charity (No. 1102634) funded entirely from donations, membership subscriptions and affiliations.
Our Aims and Objectives
To advance the lifelong education of the public by the promotion, support, assistance and improvement of libraries through the activities of friends and user groups.
In seeking to achieve these objectives The Library Campaign will:
- Stimulate the establishment of local Friends and User groups by the provision of information and publicity materials.
- Facilitate the exchange of information between Friends and User groups and represent their views nationally.
- Disseminate information on local initiatives through The Library Campaigner, regional conferences and other means.
- Campaign whilst remaining independent of all political parties.
- Affirm that publicly funded libraries and information services continue to play a key role in lifelong learning.
The Executive Committee
The Executive Committee (EC) meets every 2 months and decides policy for the organisation. The EC, whose members are elected annually at the AGM, are the legal trustees of the Campaign.
Elected members – 2015/2016
- Elizabeth Ash - membership, website and social media
- Geoffrey Dron
- Mathew Hulbert
- Bob Goodrick
- Keith Martin – Treasurer
- Laura Swaffield - Chair and Campaigner magazine Editor
Email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following organisations send representatives to attend steering group meetings:
- Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP)
The position of Secretary remains vacant and it was agreed at the AGM, held on 24 October 2015, that the Trustees should actively seek to fill this post as well as the remaining general member posts.
Executive Committee meetings
Any member of The Campaign may attend Executive Committee meetings. They are often held in central London, starting at either 11am or 2pm. The committee will also hold meetings in different parts of the country from time to time. If you wish to receive agendas for meetings please contact the central email address, currently run by Elizabeth Ash in the absence of a Secretary.
Email Campaign email or call 020 8651 9552 for details of meeting venue and to receive the agenda.
Follow us on social media