The National Pensioners Convention is holding their annual NPC Pensioners’ Parliament in Blackpool. If you are involved in library campaigning and would like a stall at this event, please get in touch with Neil Duncan-Jordan on email@example.com
Or you might just like to visit.
John McDonnell MP will be the first ever chancellor or shadow chancellor to address the annual NPC Pensioners’ Parliament in Blackpool
- Mr McDonnell is expected to announce details of Labour’s plans to set up an Older People’s Commission to look at the range of issues facing the older generation
- Other guest speakers include John Hilary, Director of War on Want and Dot Gibson, NPC General Secretary, alongside representatives of the RCN, UNISON, UNITE, Chartered Institute of Housing, Action on Elder Abuse, International Longevity Centre and the Campaign for Better Transport
Britain’s biggest pensioner organisation, the National Pensioners Convention (NPC), is staging its annual gathering in the Winter Gardens, Blackpool next week, from 14-16 June.
Highlights of the Parliament will include:
- 14 June 2-4pm: a two-hour rally which will include John McDonnell MP.
- 15 June: Debates on changes to pensions and retirement, the crisis in social care, privatisation of the NHS, how the devolution agenda might affect public transport, housing and older people and the effect a digital-only society would have on those who are not online.
- 16 June: Panel discussion looking at the impact of cuts over the last five years and considering what the next five years hold for campaigners.
Download the programme, here: